Pop, Fizz, Clink! Your Champagne Guide for Ringing in 2017 is here!
We here at Molly’s Spirits take pride in the variety of bubbly options we have to offer, so we consulted our Wine Manager, Scott, for his top picks to ring in the New Year with. In this year’s guide, Scott educates us on “Grower Champagnes” and what they’ll bring to your NYE celebration!
This is our favorite time of year!
It is the time when friends and neighbors make the pilgrimage to their favorite wine store to find the fizzy nectar that they will toast a new year with. There is a huge range out there and we’re proud to say that we’ve got it covered at Molly’s. Whether you’re looking for sweet and frothy or focused and razor sharp or something in between; we have something for you.
We have great prices on domestic goodies. Our shelves brim over with Tony Soter, Roederer Estate, Schramsberg, Argyle, Chandon, Mumm Napa, Gruet, Korbel, Totts, Cooks and many more.
The globe is well represented with sparkling goodness from France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, South Africa, Germany, New Zealand, Argentina, Australia and Greece.
If Champagne is your fancy, celebrate with great prices on Veuve Clicquot, Moet & Chandon, Billecart-Salmon, Perrier-Jouet, Piper Heidsiek, Louis Roederer, Salon, Ruinart, Pommery, Laurent-Perrier, Bollinger, Jacquesson, Taittinger, G.H. Mumm, Nicolas Feuillate, Po.l Roger and Henriot to mention a few.
The Champagnes that are most interesting, and have a dynamic character year to year, are the Recoltant Producer Champagnes also known as “Grower Champagnes”.
In the eloquent words of Terry Theise – Why Drink Grower Champagne?
- “You should drink Grower Champagne if you’ve forgotten that Champagne is WINE.
- You should drink “farmer-fizz” if you’d rather buy Champagne from a farmer than a factory.
- You should drink it if you’d rather have a wine expressive of a vineyard, and the grower’s own connection to vineyard, than a wine “formed” by a marketing swami who’s studied to the nth-degree what you can be persuaded to “consume.” Do you really want to be reduced to a mere “consumer” when you can drink Champagne like a whole human being?
- You should drink Grower-Champagne if the individually distinctive flavors of terroir-driven wines matter more than the lowest-common-denominator pap served up by the mega conglomerates in the “luxury goods” business.
- You should drink it because it’s honest REAL wine grown and made by a vintner—by a FAMILY just like yours—by a “him,” not by an “it.” You should drink it because it’s better to buy wine from a person than from a company.
- You should drink it because its price is honestly based on what it costs to produce, not manipulated to account for massive PR and ad budgets, or to hold on to market-share.
- You should drink Grower-Champagne because, like all hand-crafted estate-bottled wines, it is not a mere Thing but is indeed a BEING, expressive of where it grew and who raised it. In drinking it you help protect DIVERSITY, and diversity leads to VITALITY. And if you’d rather eat a local field-ripened summer tomato rapturous with sweetness instead of some January tomato you buy at the supermarket hard as a stone and tasting of nothing, then you should be drinking farmer-fizz!”
At Molly’s Spirits we are proud to offer you 72 Grower Champagne options this December. A few of these are listed below. We invite you to come in and check out our entire portfolio.
From Cote des Blanc:
Pierre Gimonnet & Fils, Brut Blanc de Blancs, Cuvée Cuis 1er Cru NV Reg. $56.98 | Sale $48.98
Pierre Péters, Cuvee de Reserve, Blanc de Blanc, Grand Cru Reg. $64.98 | Sale $54.98
Larmandier-Bernier, Latitude Blanc de Blanc Extra Brut NV Reg. $52.98 | Sale $44.98
Larmandier-Bernier, Terre de Vertus, BdB, 1er Cru Brut Nature NV Reg. $68.98 | Sale $55.98
LeBrun-Servenay, Brut Sélection Grand Cru à Avize NV Reg. $69.98 | Sale $55.98
From Vallee de la Marne:
René Geoffroy, Brut Rosé Champagne Saignée NV Reg. $66.98 | Sale $56.98
Marc Hebrart, Cuvee de Reserve, Brut NV Reg. $52.98 | Sale $42.98
Marc Hebrart, Brut Rose NV Reg. $57.98 | Sale $47.98
Henri Goutorbe, Cuvee Prestige, Brut Reg. $55.98 | Sale $44.98
Gaston Chiquet, Tradition, Brut Reg. $54.98 | Sale $44.98
From Montagne de Reims:
Billiot & Fils, Brut Rosé Champagne NV Reg. $66.98 | Sale $56.98
Billiot & Fils, Brut Reserve Champagne NV Reg. $59.98 | Sale $54.99
Vilmart & Cie, “Grand Cellier” Brut Reg. $89.98 | Sale $71.98
Paul Bara, Bouzy, Brut Reserve Grand Cru Reg. $72.98 | Sale $57.98
Bereche et Fils, Reflet d’Antan, Brut ‘09 Reg. $104.98 | Sale $92.98
Chartogne-Taillet, Sainte Anne, Brut NV Reg. $54.98 | Sale $44.98
Pehu Simonet, Blanc de Noir, Brut Reg. $73.98 | Sale $59.98
From Cote des Bar:
Marie Courtin, Efflorescence Extra Brut ‘08 Reg. $69.98 | Sale $55.98
Cedric Bouchard, Roses de Jeanne, Cote de Val Vilaine ‘08 Reg. $68.98 | Sale $56.98
Cedric Bouchard, Roses de Jeanne, Cote de Bechalin ‘08 Reg. $94.98 | Sale $84.98
If you’re looking for the place in the store where other allocated Cedric Bouchard champagnes reside and where you can find Vilmart & Cie “Coeur de Cuvee” from ’06, ’07 and ’08 rubbing shoulders with the vintages of Salon, Domaine Ruinart, Bollinger R.D. and Krug please don’t hesitate to ask a Wine Specialist to show you around the Reserve Room.
Last but not least,
Molly’s has got your large format needs covered. We have a broad selection of hard to find 1.5 Liter (Magnum), 3 Liter (Jeroboam), 6 Liter (Methuselah) options.
Moutard, Grand Cuvee, Brut 6 Liter (Methuselah) $570.00 Allocated
Moutard, Grand Cuvee, Brut 3 Liter (Jeroboam) $250.00 Allocated
Larmandier Bernier, Blanc de Blanc, “Longitude” 3 Liter (Jeroboam) $295.00 Allocated
L Aubry Brut 3 Liter (Jeroboam) $245.00 Allocated
Pierre Gimonnet & Fils, Brut 3 Liter (Jeroboam) $325.00 Allocated
Billecart-Salmon Brut Reserve 3 Liter (Jeroboam) $285.00 Allocated
Billecart-Salmon Brut Reserve 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $130.00 Allocated
Billecart-Salmon Brut Rose 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $190.00 Allocated
Vilmart & Cie, “Coeur de Cuvee”, Brut 2006 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $340.00 Allocated
Cedric Bouchard, Roses de Jeanne, Les Ursules, ‘12 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $270.00 Allocated
Bereche & Fils, Brut Reserve 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $100.00 Allocated
Bereche & Fils, Reflet D’Antan, Brut 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $210.00 Allocated
H Billiot Fils, Reserve Brut 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $110.00 Allocated
Rene Geoffroy, Rose de Saignee, Brut 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $155.00 Allocated
L Aubry Brut 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $105.00 Allocated
Pierre Gimonnet & Fils, Brut 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $108.00 Allocated
Gaston Chiquet, Tradition, Brut 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $125.00 Allocated
Perrier Jouet, Grand Brut 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $144.00 Allocated
Besserat de Bellefon, Brut 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $100.00 Allocated
Bollinger, Special Cuvee Brut 1.5 Liter (Magnum) $130.00 Allocated
Trackback from your site.