Molly’s Amaretto Sour
The great thing about the Amaretto Sour is the balance between the sweetness of the Amaretto, an almond-flavored Italian liqueur, and the sour of the mix. It’s a simple recipe to make and it is perfect for warm weather or when you feel like a little treat.
- Collins glass
- Stirring Spoon (optional)
|Amaretto Liqueur||2 ounces|
|Sour Mix*||1.75 ounces|
- Measure out the Amaretto and pour into a shaker filled with ice. Do the same for the sour mix.
- Shake well or stir until Amaretto and sour are thoroughly mixed.
- Fill Collins glass with ice and strain cocktail over the ice into the glass.
- Garnish with Maraschino cherry and orange slice. Kick back and enjoy your well-deserved rest
There’s really not much to ‘twist’ with this cocktail. However, there are a couple of ways to make
the sour mix*
- 1 ounce simple syrup (half part sugar, half part water), to 3/4 ounces lemon juice (traditional)
- Equal parts simple syrup, lime juice and lemon juice (more citrus in flavor)