Ski season is in full swing, and we’ve got a recipe that’ll keep you warm on those cold mountain days. Whether you’re hitting the slopes or curled up in a cabin, this creamy drink will add an extra bit of fun to your snow days. Cheers!
- 3 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons crushed cinnamon sticks (preferably Ceylon)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (preferably Scharffen Berger), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons demerara or granulated sugar
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 2 ounces bourbon (Angel’s Envy, Laws, Elijah Craig, Eagle Rare)
- Whipped cream or marshmallows (for serving)
- Bring milk and cinnamon to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat while whisking occasionally. Make sure the milk doesn’t boil and continue until cinnamon is floral and fragrant. It should take about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in chocolate, sugar and salt. Then, cook until the mixture is smooth and the chocolate is melted. It should take about 5 minutes.
- Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a large measuring cup; discard cinnamon.
- Add bourbon to hot chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide among mugs, then top with whipped cream or marshmallows.