10 points for Gryffindor with this Harry Potter-inspired recipe! Nothing screams Halloween like an adult beverage beloved by the world’s most famous wizards and witches.
This boozy butterbeer is creamy, frothy and can be served up hot or cold. We love having options because who knows what Colorado weather has in store for us this Halloween. With only a few ingredients, this delicious Diagon Alley drink can be whipped up in a matter of minutes. (No spells required)
To serve HOT:
- In a medium saucepan, heat cider, bourbon and butterscotch schnapps over medium-high heat until the mixture is hot.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in ginger beer.
- Ladle into mugs and serve immediately with whipped cream and butterscotch syrup.
To serve COLD:
- Chill apple cider, bourbon, butterscotch schnapps and ginger beer before making the cocktail.
- In a pitcher, stir together cider, bourbon, and butterscotch schnapps.
- Add the glasses filled with ice. Top with ginger beer. Garnish with whipped cream and butterscotch syrup.
We hope you put the mug in ‘muggle’ with this festive recipe. The magically buttery taste and frothy texture will leave you feeling like a cocktail wizard. Cheers!