Can you believe it? Molly’s Spirits is turning T-H-R-E-E and you’re invited to come help us celebrate!
Friday night we’re going to have some BIG prizes to giveaway (think free beer for a year from Left Hand Brewing, a Never Summer snowboard, etc), a free special tasting from 4-6PM and lots of yummy horderves! Plus it wouldn’t be a Molly’s party if we didn’t have a Gatsby-themed photobooth. Come snap a photo for a chance to win a $100 giftcard to our store!
We’ll also have DEEP anniversary sales running all weekend in-store.
RSVP HERE to stay in the loop on more exciting details to be announced soon.
Get alcohol delivery from Molly’s Spirits in Denver, Lakeside, Wheat Ridge or Arvada. We have partnered with Minibar Delivery for on-demand alcohol delivery, WHICH MEANS you can have alcohol delivered to you with the push of a button, in the comfort of your own home. Order on-demand and get your order in 60 minutes, or schedule at delivery to meet you at home when you’re off work!
Download the Minibar Delivery app or visit their website to start shopping from Molly’s inventory. The order comes from our store and from our amazing customer service team, we’re just utilizing Minibar’s excellent technology for another way to keep you in good spirits!
**Giveaway has been completed, and the winner has been notified!**
We teamed up with Best Booze Denver for a unique giveaway for all of you Denver cocktail enthusiasts! We’re calling it a “Craft Bar Starter Kit” and it will help you make all of the classic cocktails: Moscow Mules, Kentucky Mules, gin or vodka martinis, gin or vodka tonics, and bloody marys. Plus the Strongwater Herbal Bitters kit will have you making Old Fashioned’s, Sazerac’s, Manhattan’s, Negroni’s and more.
The Craft Bar Starter Kit includes:
(1) Deerhammer American Single Malt Whiskey
(1) St. George Botanivore Gin
(1) Blank and Booth Vodka (AKA “Booze”)
(1)Freshies 32oz Bloody Mary
(1)Fever tree Ginger Beer 4pack
(1)Fever tree Tonic Water 4pack
(1)Strongwater Herbal Bitters 5-piece Kit
(1) Real Dill Pickle Brine
(2) Copper Mugs
(1) 18oz Stainless Steel Cocktail Shaker
(1) Stainless Steel Cocktail Stirrer
(1) Stainless Steel Cocktail Double Jigger
Craft Bar Starter Kit Retail Value: $245
How to enter the Craft Bar Starter Kit Giveaway:
1.) Like the Instagram post on @bestboozedenver’s page
2.) Follow @mollysspirits, @bestboozedenver, @bloodymarytour on Instagram
3.) Tag a friend who you would make some cocktails with!
4.) Sign up for Molly’s newsletter (form below). Click the link in our bio and follow signup instructions.
5.) Must be 21+ and live in the greater Denver area
Giveaway ended 09/15/2017 and winner will be announced on this post and both Instagram accounts! Good luck!
Labor Day Weekend is a celebration of the achievement of American workers, and is often considered the last hurrah of summertime. This 3 day holiday weekend is the perfect time to party down with friends and family, get one last camping trip or mountain getaway in, take the boat out for a spin or hold a classic backyard BBQ. Whatever your Labor Day plans are, we’ve got the drinks covered. Coming straight from our in-house cicerone, sommelier and spirits specialist, here’s what we recommend drinking this labor day.
Labor Day Weekend is a great time to sip on those summer whites like a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, pop some bubbly, or opt for a little twist like sangria or a canned wine cocktail! It’s also peak pink drinking season, which means that rosé isn’t going to drink itself. And cheers to canned and boxed wine – just think of all the places you can go!
Labor Day Weekend Rosé List
2016 Chateau Salettes Bandol Rosé House Wine Canned Rosé Infinite Monkey Theorem Canned Rosé 2016 Château Saint-Honoré Côtes de Provence La Londe Rosé 3L Box La Vieille Ferme Rosé Underwood Canned Rosé 2016 Bonny Doon Vin Gris de Cigare Rosé 3L Box From the Tank Rosé 2016 Mordorée Côtes du Rhône Rosé
Labor Day Weekend Bubbly List
Scarpetta Frico Frizzante 187ML Cans Casa de Valor Brut Cava Graham Beck Brut Caposaldo Prosecco (All great options for your Aperol Spritz!)
Labor Day Weekend New Zealand Sauv Blanc List
Otto’s Constant Dream Sauvignon Blanc Babich Sauvignon Blanc The Crossings Sauvignon Blanc Jules Taylor Sauvignon Blanc Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc Sea Pearl Sauvignon Blanc
Labor Day Weekend Canned & Bottled Fruity Wine Goodness List
Shania Sangria Blanc Limé Ramona Canned Sparkling Wine with Pink Grapefruit 4 Packs Begonia Canned Sangria 4 Packs Mija White Sangira Decadent Saint White Sangria Mighty Swell Mango, Grapefruit, and Peach 4 Packs Pampelonne Blood Orange Spritz, Rosé Lime, and French 75 4 Packs
While cocktail options are always endless, we’re focusing on a few easy, refreshing drinks for Labor Day. Such as the margarita, not only is this a party pleaser, but margaritas have short ingredient lists and even shorter preparation times. Check out our list of 7 margarita recipes you have to try here.
Labor Day Weekend Spirits List
Don Julio Blanco Tequila Humboldt’s Finest Vodka – Check out the recipe for a Humboldt’s Finest Hemp Highball here! CapRock Colorado Organic Vodka Tanqueray Gin
Beer & Other:
This could be your last chance to drink up those summer seasonals such as Upslope Thai Style White IPA and Wibby Brewing Lightshine Radler. If you’re hitting I-70 and heading for the mountains, any of the 9 beers to take on a summer hike we posted about would be excellent choices. And we can’t leave out our love for hard seltzers. Read all about our hard seltzer obsession here.
In preparation for National Rum Day (August 16th), we asked our Spirits Team to narrow down our rum section to their top 5 picks. While these can be enjoyed neat, we’ve also included a few cocktail recipes for those wanting to try something new this holiday.
1) Plantation O.F.T.D. (Old Fashioned Traditional Dark) Overproof Rum $29.99 1 Liter Master distiller Alexandre Gabriel joined forces with some of the world’s foremost rum experts and historians to create Plantation O.F.T.D. Overproof Rum. A blend of rums from Guyana, Jamaica and Barbado and clocking in at 69% ABV/138 proof, Plantation O.F.T.D. Overproof is the group’s way of throwing it back to the Age of Sail when rum was rich, flavorful and strong. How to enjoy… With a flavor profile that includes notes of caramel, chocolate, and vanilla, we’re adding Plantation O.F.T.D. to our coffee! Proceed with caution – this is quite a boozy rum, so you’ll find a little bit goes a long way! Simply fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add 1 ounce of Plantation O.F.T.D. Overproof Rum, 2 ounces of cold brew coffee, and 1/2 an ounce of simple syrup. Shake until well-chilled and the drink gets a bit frothy. Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with a few drops of Angostura bitters.
2) Parce Rum 12-Year Aged $68.99 750ml This award winning rum produced and bottled in Colombia has flavors of crème brûlée, toffee, dried tropical fruits, and pipe tobacco. It has been considered to be a great rum to transition the whiskey lover to the category/brand. Also, with each bottle purchased, Parce plants a native species tree in Colombia to protect biodiversity and prevent deforestation. How to enjoy… We plan to sip this one neat or on the rocks with a lime if we feel like getting a little crazy. In Colombia, Parce (pronounced PAR-say) is casual for “good friend” so enjoy with a friend!
3) Plantation 3 Stars Rum $16.99 750ml Three different rums from three iconic rum-producing Caribbean islands (Trinidad, Barbados, and Jamaica) are blended into this one rum. Expect subtle notes of brown sugar, coffee, and vanilla. The creamy nature of the rum makes it a perfect fit for a Daiquiri. How to enjoy… Try this classic Daiquiri recipe! Combine 2 oz Plantation 3 Stars Rum, 1 oz fresh lime juice, and ½ oz simple syrup in a shaker with ice. Shake then strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
4) Plantation Pineapple Rum Stiggins’ Fancy $32.99 750ml This rum was created as a tribute to Reverend Stiggins, a character created by Charles Dickens in the Pickwick Papers, whose favorite drink was “pineapple rum.” Want to know how it’s made? Pineapples are peeled and the rinds are infused with Plantation 3 Stars and then distilled. Separately, the pineapple fruit is infused in Plantation Original Dark. Both distillate and fruit infusion are finally blended together and put into casks for three months. This creates a rum with a rich and delicious pineapple bouquet, accented by smoky and clove notes. The palate opens with a structured, pleasant sensation of ripe banana, pineapple, and spices layered in a smoky finish. How to enjoy… This is a great sipping rum!
5) Cruzan Black Strap Rum $18.99 750ml Cruzan Black Strap Rum features robust licorice and molasses flavors that add an exotic element to your tropical favorites. Its most popular pairings include flavors such as lemon, lime, ginger and pineapple. Best enjoyed as a finishing element, or floated on tropical Tiki cocktails. It’s also great for adding color to drinks with its deep black hue. How to enjoy… Make this spin on the Dark ‘n’ Stormy by the Editors of PUNCH! You’ll need 3/4 oz Cruzan Black Strap Rum, 1 oz Amaro Montenegro, 1 oz lime juice, and 4 oz ginger beer. Pour the rum, amaro and lime juice into a Collins glass filled with ice, then top with ginger beer. Garnish with a lime wedge.
All prices limited to stock on hand. Molly’s Spirits reserves the right to limit quantities. Prices are subject to change.
We’re prepping for National Margarita Day (February 22nd), and while there’s nothing wrong with a classic margarita, we’ve gathered a few twists to spice (or sweeten) things up a bit. Having trouble choosing between a glass of bubbly and a margarita? We found a recipe that brings them both together! Vanilla bean ice in a margarita?! Yep, it’s a thing. Molly’s has an entire aisle dedicated to tequila and a growing mezcal section. Our team will be happy to help you find the perfect spirit for next batch of margaritas. If you’re new to the world of tequila and want to read up on the basics, check out our previous blog post Getting to know our friend, Tequila.
The Classic Margarita
1 1/2 oz tequila, silver or reposado 1 oz Cointreau (orange liqueur) 3/4 oz freshly-squeezed lime juice Optional: 1/2 tsp agave nectar or simple syrup for sweetening, if desired Ice Optional: a wedge of lime for garnish and salt for the rim
Directions: If you’d like a salt-rimmed glass, start by running the juicy part of a lime slice around the top rim of a glass. Fill a shallow bowl with salt and dip the rim in the salt until it’s covered with your desired amount of salt. Set aside.
Add tequila, lime juice and Cointreau to a cocktail shaker and shake or stir until combined. If you’d like you’re sips to be a bit sweeter, stir in half a teaspoon of agave or simple syrup until the mix reached your desired level of sweetness.
Fill glass with ice. Pour margarita mixture over the rocks. Garnish with a lime wedge if desired.
1 1/2 oz reposado tequila 1/2 oz Cointreau 1 oz coconut cream 1 oz coconut milk 1/2 oz fresh lime juice 1/2 oz half and half Ice Optional: a wedge of lime for garnish
Directions: Add ingredients to a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into a glass. Serve on the rocks and garnish with a lime wedge if desired. Find the original recipe here.
Watermelon & Basil Margarita
1 1/2 oz of tequila 1 oz lime juice 2 oz watermelon juice 1/2 oz basil simple syrup *Combine 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water, and 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves in a sauce pan. Heat mixture until sugar is dissolved. Cool mixture then strain into a jar, cover and refrigerate up to two weeks.* Ice Optional: a sprig of basil for garnish and salt for the rim
Directions: Rim the glass with salt and set aside. Fill a shaker with tequila, lime juice, watermelon juice, basil simple syrup, and ice. Shake mixture and pour into a glass over ice. Garnish with a sprig of basil. Find the original recipe here.
Cucumber Mezcal Margarita
1/2 cucumber 1 1/2 oz mezcal 1 oz Grand Marnier Ice Optional: a wedge of lime for garnish and salt for the rim
Directions: Put cucumber through a juicer or puree in a blender and then strain out the juice. Rim glass with salt and set aside. Combine remaining ingredients, cucumber juice, and ice in a shaker. Shake and pour into a glass over ice. Garnish with a lime wedge. Find the original recipe here.
Pineapple Mezcal Margarita with Vanilla Bean Ice (Optional)
2 oz mezcal 3 oz pineapple juice 1 1/2 oz lime juice 1 oz triple sec Optional: a pineapple wedge for garnish
For the Vanilla Bean Ice (Optional)
1 vanilla bean, split and seeded 2 cups water
Vanilla Bean Ice Directions: For the vanilla bean ice: slice a vanilla bean lengthwise and remove its beans with the back of a knife. Place the pod and beans into a jar or glass with 2 cups of water. Allow the vanilla and water to infuse at room temperature over night or at least 6 hours prior to freezing. Transfer the vanilla water to an ice cube tray and freeze.
Pineapple Mezcal Margarita Directions: Combine the mezcal, pineapple juice, lime juice, triple sec into a cocktail shaker with vanilla bean ice. Shake and pour into glass. Garnish with a pineapple wedge. Find the original recipe here.
Raspberry Lemonade Champagne Margarita
1 oz silver tequila 1/2 oz Cointreau (orange liqueur) 3 oz raspberry lemonade Brut champagne Ice Optional: a lemon wedge for garnish and pink Himalayan salt for the rim
Directions: Rim the glass with pink Himalayan salt and set aside. Fill a shaker with tequila, Cointreau, raspberry lemonade and ice. Shake mixture and pour into a glass over ice. Top off with bubbly. Garnish with a lemon wedge. Find the original recipe here (we swapped pink lemonade for raspberry lemonade).
2 oz mezcal 1 oz fresh grapefruit juice 1/2 oz lime juice 3/4 oz agave syrup Ice Optional: a grapefruit wedge for garnish
Directions: Combine mezcal, grapefruit juice, lime juice and agave syrup in a shaker. Shake and strain into a glass over ice. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge. Find the original recipe here.
Showcasing Denver’s top independent restaurants organized by neighborhood, The Big Eat marks the opening of Slow Food Nations weekend and a banner year for Denver’s dining scene. Guests enjoyed bites and sips from 65 of Denver’s best restaurants and bars under the canopy of The Galleria at the Denver Performing Arts Complex, and support EatDenver’s efforts to strengthen our independent restaurant community and continue elevating the dining scene through collaboration.
Molly’s participated in The Big Eat 2017 as the cocktail bar sponsor! Almost all of the ingredients featured in the six craft cocktails are available at Molly’s! Here are the recipes:
*The only ingredient we don’t offer at Molly’s is the Cocktail Punk cherry bitters. We have alternative cherry bitters available.
Not sure what to get dad this Father’s Day? Our Spirits Department has a few ideas! And you know what else – many of the items on the list are DEEPLY discounted! Hurry on in because (1) these discounts won’t last forever (2) Father’s Day is Sunday!
Scotch Whisky Gifts for Dad
The Macallan Edition No. 2 750ML: On sale for $79.99 through 6/20 (reg. $129.99) Glenmorangie 10 Year 750ML: On sale for $29.99 through 6/20 (reg. $41.99) Glencairn Whisky Glasses: $15.99 each Gift Bag: $1.99
Kentucky & Colorado Whisk(e)y Gifts for Dad
Basil Hayden’s Bourbon 750ML: On sale for $29.99 through 6/20 (reg. $43.99) E. H. Taylor Small Batch 750ML: On sale for $33.99 through 6/20 ($39.99) Maker’s Mark 1.75L: On sale for $39.99 through 6/20 (reg. $55.99) Crystal Tumblers (set of 2): $13.99 Stainless Steel Glacier Rocks: $21.99 Gift Bag: $1.99
Elkins Colorado Whisky 750ML (Elkins Distilling is Estes Park’s first legal distillery): $30.99 American Flag Flask: $14.99 Gift Bag: $1.99
A.D. Laws Secale Straight Rye Whiskey, Molly’s Single Barrel 750ML: $69.99 Stainless Steel Glacier Rocks: $21.99 Gift Bag: $1.99
Vodka Gifts for Dad
Absolut Vodka (80 Proof) 1.75L: On Sale for $22.99 through 6/20 (reg. 32.99) Host Martini Freeze Cooling Cups (set of 2): $18.99 Party Swords (50 count): $1.49
Ketel One Vodka, Arnold Palmer Collector’s Edition, 750ML: $22.99 Golf Ball Ice Mold: $6.99 Gift Bag: $1.99
Tequila Gifts for Dad
Casa Noble Crystal 750ML: On sale for $25.99 through 6/20 (reg. $35.99) Casa Noble Reposado: On sale for $29.99 through 6/20 (reg. $49.99) Casa Noble Anejo: On sale for $39.99 through 6/20 (reg. $59.99) Gift Bag: $1.99
All prices limited to stock on hand. Molly’s Spirits reserves the right to limit quantities. Prices are subject to change.
The Denver Summer Passport is a boozy field guide aimed at helping you discover the city’s best bars, restaurants, breweries, distilleries and more! This pocket-sized book features over sixty 2-for-1 craft beverage specials valid Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. This field guide is sure to become your go-to drinking buddy when it comes to navigating Denver’s food and beverage scene.
2-for-1 drinks at every location
Over $350 in booze savings
Valid all summer (May 26—Sept 4)
Molly’s has TEN Summer Passports to giveaway to TEN lucky people!
Here are the rules to win:
Like us on Facebook (although not required, bonus points if you follow us on Instagram too)
Fill out the entry form below. One entry per person. (Update: Entry form has been removed because giveaway has ended.)
That’s it! Giveaway ends at 9am on 6/8/17.
Winners will be announced 6/8/2017 on this blog post and will also be notified via email/phone.
**6/8/17 Update! Winners announced!**
1. James (Eddie) M. 2. Jay N. 3. Bri C. 4. Erin U. 5. Robert H. 6. Daniel V. 7. Kelsey W. 8. Benjamin B. 9. Kaitlin H. 10. Amber R.
A huge thank you to everyone who participated in our Denver Passport giveaway!