Fighting the effects of drinking with more drinking might seem backwards, but people swear by the “hair of the dog that bit you” hangover strategy. Cosmopolitan even wrote this article deciphering whether or not the tactic was worth trying out.
Regardless of your thoughts on the theory, we’ve got a delicious drink that packs a punch with sour citrus and spicy pepper. It’s a true jolt to the senses, which is sometimes exactly what you need after a night that you didn’t see coming. (We’ve all had them. No judgment here!) It’s a lighter alternative to a Bloody Mary that’ll give you more bark with less of the bite.
- 3 ounces gin (We recommend Bulldog Gin or Leopold’s for a local pick)
- 1/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 dashes Tabasco Hot Sauce
- Garnish: a slice of chile pepper
- Pour gin and tabasco into an ice-filled cocktail shaker.
- Shake the ingredients.
- Strain into chilled rocks glass without ice.
- Garnish with chili pepper.
Pair this pick-me-up cocktail with a hearty breakfast for the best results. See ya later, Sunday scaries!