This fun, simple Bee’s Knees variation focuses on complimenting the gin, allowing the spirit to speak for itself. The gentle flavor of chamomile pairs well with the delicate pungent aroma of fresh thyme. A touch of honey to sweeten things up and a little lemon for brightness and bite. This delightful cocktail has converted many non-gin drinkers at the Talnua Distillery.
*To make the Chamomile Honey Syrup, warm 12 oz honey syrup (1 water: 1 honey) to 180F before adding 20g chamomile flower. Allow mix to stand until cooled to 140F. Add 10g thyme to 140F syrup. Rest in fridge overnight, and strain through a fine mesh strainer before using.
- Shake with ice for 10 seconds.
- Strain into Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with a thyme sprig.
- Optional: Shake with an egg white.
- Optional: Top with a splash of soda water.