Set fire to your Cinco de Mayo celebrations with this Spicy Margarita recipe! The red salt, yellow drink and green garnishes make it the perfect festive beverage to pair with Mexican cuisine. Pick up dinner from one of Denver’s top Mexican restaurants or opt for a taco night at home. ¡Salud!
- 1 lime wedge
- 2 jalapeño coins, seeds removed
- 2 ounces blanco tequila (We recommend Montezuma Silver Tequila or Fortaleza Blanco Tequila)
- 1/2 ounce orange liqueur (We recommend Stirrings Triple Sec or Prunier Liqueur D’orange)
- 1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce agave syrup
- Garnish: salt rim
- Garnish: jalapeño coin
- Rub the rim of a rocks glass with a lime wedge, dip the rim in salt to coat and set aside.
- Add the jalapeño coins to a shaker and gently muddle.
- Add the blanco tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and agave syrup, plus ice, and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into the prepared glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with a jalapeño coin.