Ah, the holidays. The most wine-derful time of the year! The most wonderful time for a beer! The most wonderful time to say cheers! Get it? We’ll see ourselves out.
Need some thoughtful and festive ideas for the season of giving? We’ve got you covered with a few boozy gift recommendations that are personalized, useful and, most importantly, fun! You can feel confident giving these crowd-pleasing presents to your loved ones (or to yourself, tbh). 2020 has been a year!
For the dog lover in your life...
- Bristol Brewing — Laughing Lab: How could you go wrong with a beer that features an adorable golden retriever on the label?
- Lab Portuguese Red & White: Festive wines they’ll love as much as their pup!
- Spirit Hound Distilling Spirits: A brand inspired by a love for Colorado, whiskey and dogs. We can definitely relate!
- Tito’s Vodka: You might find yourself asking why this one made the list. Quick answer: they love dogs as much as we do. They’ve partnered with three nonprofits that are rescuing dogs and bringing them one step closer to home, and they started Vodka for Dog People, which you can read about here.
- Avery Brewing Co. — Ellie’s Brown: A brew named after Adam Avery’s chocolate lab! We love this tribute to a man’s best friend.
- Peach Street Bourbon: There’s a dog with a top hat pictured on the front of this bottle… need we say more?
- Dachshund Riesling: A pick perfect for Dachshund through the snow!
For the one who won't stop working out...
- Athletic Brewing Company: A non-alcoholic craft beer with a great taste. Bonus: it was made by athletes for athletes.
- FitVine Wines: A great gift for anyone born to run! Even if the run we’re taking about is a Target run.
- Lifevine Wines: These wines are natural and clean with less than 1 gram of sugar. The ideal gift for any health nut!
- Skinny Girl Margaritas: Full of flavor minus the calories! Perfect for your favorite fit girl.
- Heavyweight Wines: Take the heavy lifting out of gifting with Heavyweight Wines! Your gym rat will thank you.
- Spiked Snowmelt Electrolyte Series: A spiked seltzer with electrolytes? Say less.
- Seedlip Non-Alcoholic: These non-alcoholic spirits come in several flavors and act as a great substitute for any spirit in your favorite cocktails. Their new favorite mocktail awaits!
- Boochcraft Hard Kombucha: Good for your gut and staying healthy at happy hour!
For the one with a passion for art...
- Breckenridge Straight Bourbon Art Series: This bottle comes from Breckenridge Distillery’s Collector’s Art Series. It was crafted with the intention of blending the artistry of whiskey with the visual and emotional splendor of graffiti.
- Mile High Spirits Fireside Old Fashioned: An Old Fashioned with an authentic and artsy feel. Get this for a loved one who appreciates this bottle’s beauty.
- Waters Winery 21 Grams: 21 Grams is an artistic collaboration between Waters Winery and artist Makoto Fujimura that reflects the inspiration of the soul in creating fine wine and fine art. The bottle has a vibrant aesthetic that they’ll love!
- Chopin Potato Vodka: Like the legendary composer, Chopin Vodka is a master of its art. The care, passion and artistry that goes into producing each bottle of Chopin Vodka is distilled in this quote by the composer himself: “Simplicity is the final achievement. After one has played a vast quantity of notes and more notes, it is simplicity that emerges as the crowning reward of art.”
- Absente Absinthe: During the days of late 19th century Paris, Absinthe was the trademark drink of artists like Degas, Manet, Picasso, Van Gogh, Toulouse-Lautrec and Oscar Wilde. This absinthe is a great gift for fans of classic art, as Van Gogh himself adorns the packaging!
- Orin Swift Abstract: We love the collage featured on this bottle, and your loved one won’t want to throw it away!
- Matsui Whiskies: Aesthetically pleasing and delicious, Matsui whiskies are a work of art!
- Mozart Chocolate Cream Liqueur: Cream liqueur named after the famous Austrian composer!
For the one who loves to travel...
- Argiolas Vermentino di Sardegna: Wine grown on the island of Sardinia! Close your eyes, take a sip and pretend you’re on a Mediterranean cruise.
- Aviation Gin: A festive gin for anyone who loves to fly around the world!
- Kōloa Kauaʻi Coffee Rum: Say aloha to this delicious rum. The coffee flavor is our team’s favorite, but there’s a little taste of Hawaii in each sip of every flavor.
- Jefferson’s Ocean Bourbon: A bourbon aged at sea. Perfect for anyone who loves a trip to the ocean!
- Maui Brewing Company: They are a small, traditional and independent craft brewery, operating 100% in Hawaii, and owned by community leaders Garrett Marrero and Melanie Oxley.
- Plantation Pineapple Rum: We love this pineapple rum that reminds us of an island getaway.
- Hangar 1 Vodka: Hangar 1 Vodka has major airplane energy. We highly recommend it for any pilots or passengers who love to take flight!
P.S. Can you tell we’re dying for a beach vacation?!
For the locavore in your life...
- Locavore Beer Works: This brand is committed to supporting neighborhood businesses, artisans, craftsmen, charities and the local industry. It was founded on the belief that our local community should be the first source for all of our needs.
- Leopold Bros. Distilling: This family-owned and operated distillery is an excellent local choice for high-quality Colorado Spirits crafted right here in Denver!
- Resolute Brewing Company: This microbrewery is a close neighbor to our Greenwood Village location. We love working with them and are big fans of their brews.
- Boulder Spirits: Excellent malt whiskey, bourbon and gin distilled locally in Boulder! Plus, they’re pretty cool people. This Colorado company is definitely one worth supporting with your gifting.
- Kingman Big Hat Wines: Wines made from exclusively Colorado grapes! Locally-sourced and produced, which we love.
- Colterris Wines: Colterris’ tagline boasts: “from the Colorado land.” Their wines are intentionally estate-grown and estate-bottled. This wine will remind any Colorado resident of their home state.
- BookCliff Wines: Colorado grapes express the character where they are grown – high altitude desert at 4,600 feet – and they are proud of making wine that captures this uniqueness in the glass.
- Molly’s Elevated Seltzer: We couldn’t resist throwing our own collaboration with Elevated Seltzer, based in Arvada, into the mix. We’re proud of this partnership that brought together two Colorado brands!
- Brewery Rickoli: Brewery Rickoli is well-known for brewing small and drinking big. They are one of the smallest breweries in Colorado and take pride in curating a neighborly atmosphere at their location in Wheat Ridge.
For your favorite Cocktail Connoisseur...
- Aperol Aperitivo: The Aperol Spritz is here to stay, and the cocktail’s main ingredient makes for a great addition to anyone’s bar cart. Its sugar content takes the bite out of the liqueur, making it more palatable for those sensitive to bitterness.
- Amaro Averna: Amaro Averna is one of the most popular Italian bitter digestifs on the market. While the aromatic, bittersweet liqueur is commonly enjoyed on its own, it is making an appearance in a number of impressive modern cocktails.
- Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth: Carpano Antica is an exquisite Italian vermouth, expertly handcrafted in small batches from the finest ingredients. With delicate notes of vanilla, baking spice, dried apricot, raisin, date and candied orange, it can be enjoyed as an aperitif with a twist of citrus or in a cocktail.
- Campari Aperitivo: A quintessential ingredient for every Negroni lover to have on hand, this bitter aperitif is very versatile and exactly what they need to craft a tasty drink. Cocktail connoisseurs would definitely approve!
- Strongwater Bitters: A gift that will put them in the holiday spirits! We love this collection of Strongwater award-winning bitters, especially since the brand is our neighbor here in Denver.
- Copper & Kings Cocktail Cherries: Cocktail cherries are perfect for this time of the year — the finishing touch on an Old Fashioned or Manhattan nightcap. Great for a small but thoughtful gift!
- Bar Tools — Jigger, Cocktail Spoon, Mixing Tin, Strainer: New bar tools are an excellent way to make anyone feel fancy and take the home bartending to the next level!
For anyone who loves an IPA...
- Odell Brewing — IPA: Odell Brewing offers several excellent IPA options. Each brew has its own distinct flavor that will win over your loved one!
- Station 26 Brewing — Bang Bang Double IPA: With a name as powerful as this, it’s safe to say the flavor is bold and aggressively hoppy!
- Odd 13 Brewing — The Masked Vigilante: A pineapple milkshake IPA bursting with fruity flavor. IYKYK!
- Bootstrap Brewing — Insane Rush: A perfect balance of malts and five different hops give this India Pale Ale its edge!
- Alpine Beer Company — Nelson: A mellow IPA that is well-balanced with hints of pine and fruity notes.
- New Image Brewing Co. — East Coast Transplant: This DIPA is a celebration of the migration to Colorado. New Image swears by the saying: “I’m not a native, but I got here as fast as I could.” If this sentiment fits your loved one, this beer is an easy pick!